Saturday, February 25, 2012

Long time, no write.

So my sluggish attempt at writing a blog failed again. I'm going to start fresh with this in mind...third time's a charm!

Oh so much has happened since my last post. Our move to Missouri was pretty easy other than driving through a torrential down pour the night we moved. What typically takes 3.5 hours took us almost 6 hours. Not fun. But we made it safe and sound and the next morning the semi truck with all of our belongings pulled in front of our house and a couple of hours later we were surrounded by boxes. (again) Here's a few pictures of our new home.





Our dog, Cesar, had a hard time with the move. He all of a sudden was very anxious and didn't like to be left alone. I guess he missed his home. Luckily, we have a friend, who happens to be a veterinarian, that lives right down the street from us. She was nice enough to come check on Cesar and play with him a couple of times a day while Jason & I were at work. He has since settled down and is pretty much back to normal.

Work is another blessing. Jason is really enjoying his new job. It has many challenges but if anyone knows Jason you know he's always up for a challenge. Luckily, I was able to transfer my job duties up to St. Joe. The working conditions are nothing like what I was used to. I'm all by myself in my freezing office / conference room that, let's face it, stinks. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I do work at a food & ethanol manufacturing plant so of course the is going to be an, ehem, aroma but this is just gross. But at least I still have my job so I can't complain.

About a month after we moved I realized that there was one thing that was missing...
Funny how one little test can change your life forever.


On November 30th I found out that I'm going to be a mommy. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy, so scared, so excited and so shocked. How was I going to tell Jason? Well, stupid me took the test on a break from work and I had the whole day to think about it instead of work. Needless to say I wasn't very productive that day.
When Jason came home that night the only thing I could think to do was to tell him straight up. I decided to film it without him knowing because I thought it would be cool to show our kid his reaction someday.  I said "I took a test and I think I'm pregnant." Although you can't see his face in the video (darn it!) he got the biggest smile on his face and threw his arm up in the air and said "Really!" I showed him the test and said I made an appointment with a doctor to confirm. From that night on, Jason has kicked into daddy mode. It's so cute! I love how excited he is.

I had two days of pregnancy bliss before morning (or should I say all day) sickness set in. It was awful. I was nauseous all day and all night and nothing seemed to help. I was so worried that it would never end. I was sure that I was doing something wrong and at 6 weeks pregnant, I was a bad mother. It took us a week or two but we finally figured out the secret to feeling better. Note, I said better. I still wasn't feeling great but after weeks of being sick, I was willing to settle for just feeling 'better.' Thank God for Jason. He brought me a bowl of cereal every morning before he left for work and he even cooked dinner a couple of times when the smell of raw meat turned my stomach upside down. It was SO hard not to tell anyone. We only had to wait a couple of weeks until Christmas when we would share the news with our families. We got video of us telling them and as soon as I figure out how to edit them so they are shorter, I'll post them.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment