Sunday, August 28, 2011

The story of us.

This is my second attempt at writing a blog. Let's hope it turns out better than the first...

The first time I attempted blogging my intention was to write about special events that happened in my & my husband's lives. This time the intention is the same but also to keep our family & friends updated on our lives. 

I love telling the story about how we met so here it goes.

Jason & I met in 2007 on my first day of work. We were friends for about six months before I started (shamelessly) flirting with him. It was totally inappropriate, but I couldn't help myself. We flirted with each other for a couple of weeks until my aunt decided to set me up on a blind date with one of her co-workers, Bryan. I made sure Jason was close by when I told my co-workers about my upcoming blind date. As I was leaving work that night Jason asked me if I had any plans for dinner. Finally! I guess Blind Date Bryan was the little shove Jason needed.

We went out and had a great time. He told me that his number one rule was 'don't date anyone from work' then he asked me for my number. The rest, as they say, is history. We spent as much time together as possible, which was pretty easy because we both worked for the same company but also difficult because Jason was finishing up his MBA.





After our one year anniversary we took a vacation to Hawaii. We had an amazing time. Hawaii is SO beautiful!  While we were there, Jason had a very important question for me...




Although, I hoped for it to happen, I was completely surprised by the proposal. I'm so glad Jason hired a photographer to capture that moment. It was great to be able to share them with our family & friends. Nine months later, on July 11th, 2011 we tied the knot. It was a great day! Of course, I may be a little bias.


Source: Field of Memories Photography
Two years later we are planning our next big adventure. No, I'm not pregnant. We're moving to Kansas City!!  Jason got a great job offer that we're both really excited about. Now we just have to get our house ready to sell and find a place to live in KC. We've got lots to do, I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! So exciting you have a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura and Jason,
    Even though I don't see you that often, I'm sad you're going to be further away! But I'm happy for you to have a great opportunity and wish you all the best.
    And I like your blog!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete