Monday, April 23, 2012

Start Spreadin' the News

I know that Christmas was months ago but I wanted to document us telling our families we were pregnant for the first time. Again, I think it would be cool to show this to our baby someday. I would have loved to be able to see my grandparents and aunts & uncle's reactions when my parents announced they were pregnant with me.

On Dec 23rd we headed home to celebrate Christmas with our families. We were home just 4 weeks earlier for Thanksgiving but this was the first time we'd been home since finding out we were pregnant. We were staying with my parents and I was so worried that I was going to be sick and they were going to suspect or even worse, ask me if I was pregnant before we had a chance to pull off our surprise. Luckily I was able to hide my morning sickness pretty well thanks to Jason sneaking a bowl of cereal downstairs for me.

First up on Christmas Eve was the Friedberg's. Ours will be the first grandchild in Jason's family and Jason's mom has been not-so-mildly hinting that she wants a grandchild for years now (yes, years) so we knew this was going to be a fun surprise.
This year we celebrated over at David & Laura's with a Mexican fiesta. We arrived around 9:00am to help make the food. I always have so much fun cooking with Laura. I feel like we've really become sisters over the past year. (love you Laura!) After eating our delicious meal we opened gifts. I bought a onesie that said "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's" for Jason's mom, Beth. We saved her gift until the very end so everyone would see her open it. What we didn't plan on was having the Chief's game on tv and them getting ready to kick the game-winning field goal right when she was opening the gift. Needless to say, none of the guys (except Jason) were paying attention to Beth's gift. :)


I could watch this video over and over! I love watching everyone's reaction. From Laura's "Eeee!!" to Kevin's "Uncle Kevin is in the building!" Everyone was so excited. I'll never forget it. We ended the day by playing the lottery game. This is a tradition in his family and last year Jason & I added a little twist to the game. Instead of just drawing numbers to see what lottery tickets you got we added charades that had to be performed before you could get your tickets. 

Next up was the Lane's. My parents always have a nice dinner after everyone goes to church on Christmas Eve night. This year, mom overdid herself once again and made prime rib. It was DELICIOUS! Last year Jason & I played the lottery game with my family for the first time and everyone seemed to enjoy it so we decided to play it again this year. Only this time, we rigged it so I would get a charade and that's how we would tell everyone we were expecting. I pulled up each grandkid along with my sister, Katie who was going to have her first child in 2 days. I pointed to each one in order of their birth and then pointed to my stomach, held up 5 fingers and waited for them to figure it out.


We also went over to both of my grandma's houses and told them. They were both so happy for us! It was so much fun telling everyone. It was a Christmas we'll never forget!

2 comments:

  1. I could watch those over and over again too! I love it! Those girls will LOVE looking at that!

    P.S. It was about time for a new post! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww how precious!! beth cracks me up!!! and i started crying when you were doing the surprise for your family! so cute!! so so happy for you and jason!!

    ReplyDelete