Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Nursery

Now that the girls are 4 weeks away (yikes!) I figured I better finish the nursery in case they decide to come early. I wanted to stay with a gender neutral theme because I'm not really into the overly girly / pink explosion / pretty princess look. Looking at our registry we discovered that without realizing it, we had picked out things with a safari theme. PERFECT! What little kid doesn't like animals? Plus, the walls of the nursery were already tan and I did not want to paint and if you'll rememer from my previous post, Jason has done enough painting in the basement to last him a lifetime.

We bought our crib & changing table a couple of months ago and they been sitting in the boxes until we finished the basement. The day after we moved the furniture into the basement we started on the nursery. Jason was very excited...

We've decided to only use one crib for now because we've heard that twins sleep better together. It makes sense. They've been side by side for the first 9 months of their lives. Why not spend a few more months together?

We were planning on buying a wall decal that said "Born Together ~ Friends Forever" but I was lazy and also didn't want to spend the money on it so we settled for some wall decals to match the bedding we found at Target. I'm so happy with the end result.





As you can see, their closet is quickly filling up with "stuff." I can't wait to read all those books to my girls!
Finally, my awesome co-workers gave us this toy box that was hand painted to match our safari themed room and FILLED with toys, clothes, books and other goodies for our girls. We are truly blessed to know such wonderful people.



Well, there you have it. Now we just need our two little Jayhawks to make their entrance into this world...but not for a couple of weeks please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment